DJ Magazine took the Akai Pro MPD32 for a spin.
The MPD32 is a MIDI-over-USB performance pad controller for DJs, programmers, producers, and others musicians.
If you’ve used the Akai Pro MPD32, leave a comment with your thoughts!
Akai Pro MPd32 Features:
- MIDI controller for production and performance
- MPC pads: bank of 16, velocity and pressure-sensitive
- Four selectable pad banks for a total of 64 sounds accessible from the pads
- Eight assignable Q-Link faders, eight assignable Q-Link 360° knobs, and eight assignable Q-Link buttons, all three banks
- MIDI-synced MPC Note Repeat and MPC Swing
- Two assignable footswitch inputs and expression-pedal input
- Dedicated transport controls
- Backlit, easy-to-read display
- MIDI-over-USB or MIDI operation
- USB powered or powered via optional AC adapter
- MPC 16-Level and Full Level
- Comes with custom versions of Ableton Live Lite, FXpansion BFD Lite, and Vyzor Editor Librarian software
- 30 user-definable presets for DAW applications