Yamaha has introduced its “next generation” keyboard workstation, the Motif XF series, which features a ginormous sample library.
Motif XF includes 741 MB of internal Wave ROM, the largest internal sound library ever created for a keyboard, according to Yamaha, including detailed digital recreations of two Yamaha acoustic grand piano sounds, realistic acoustic instruments, vintage synths and hip-hop sounds.
What makes the Motif XF truly customizable is the 2 GB of additional content that can be loaded onto optional Flash RAM expansion modules, located in two slots on the XF that accommodate, including the proprietary FL512M (512MB) and FL1024M (1 GB) Yamaha flash option boards. User-generated or downloaded sounds saved onto these modules only need to be loaded once and are always inside the Motif XF until the user replaces them.
?What?s incredible about the Motif XF is that we now have two gigabytes of Flash RAM available; this really allows an unparalleled level of customization,? said Erik Norlander, sound designer at Sonic Reality. ?You can truly make this instrument your own; you can truly give it your own personality.?
- Comprehensive high sound quality, including an enormous 741MB of waveforms
- An additional 128 Voices and 8 drum kits, for a total of 1,353 high-quality Voices
- Up to 2GB of additional content available through separately sold flash memory
- Realization of unique instrument performance methods through the XA (Expanded Articulation) tone generation system
- Reproduction of the unique, natural, warm sounds of vintage instruments through VCM effects
- 384 types of performances based on approximately 7800 types of arpeggiators
- Enhanced sampling through 128MB of onboard SD-RAM
- The popular FSX (MOTIF XF6/7) and BH (MOTIF XF8) keyboards
- Improvement of usability thanks to the use of a new GUI
- Category Search feature that provides instant access to the Voices you want
- Cubase AI — a DAW software application from Steinberg
- DAW integration through remote control, an editor software
- Scalability through standard-equipped USB and Ethernet and the FW16E option
The MOTIF XF8 (MSRP: $4,039), MOTIF XF7 (MSRP: $3,539) MOTIF XF6 (MSRP: $2,999), FL1024M (MSRP: $349) and FL512M (MSRP: $199) are expected to ship in September 2010.