Musikmesse 2011: Avid has introduced Pro Tools MP 9 – a new version that lets you get started with Pro Tools for $300.
Avid also announced all-new bundles that combine Pro Tools MP 9 software with select M-Audio interfaces.
Pro Tools MP 9 leverages the same core functionality found in Avid’s Pro Tools software and features Automatic Delay Compensation for phase-accurate mixes; and MP3 export capability. Avid’s Pro Tools MP 9 software will be offered standalone for use with select M-Audio interfaces, as well as in bundles with the M-Audio MobilePre, Fast Track Pro or Fast Track Ultra interfaces.
- Industry-standard composing, recording, MIDI sequencing, editing, and mixing features
- Support for a wide variety of M-Audio hardware interfaces
- 48 simultaneous 24-bit mono or stereo tracks and up to 96 kHz fidelity
- Over 70 virtual instruments and effects plug-ins
- Automatic Delay Compensation and MP3 export
- Session compatibility with professional Pro Tools studios
Avid’s Pro Tools MP 9 will cost $300 and be available worldwide on May 16. Upgrades are available to existing Pro Tools M-Powered users for $200.
Pricing for Pro Tools MP 9 bundles begins at $330 for Pro Tools MP 9 + MobilePre, $400 for Pro Tools MP 9 + Fast Track Pro and $550 for Pro Tools + Fast Track Ultra.