Togu Audio Line has introduced TAL-Vocoder-2, a free vocoder plugin for Windows and Mac.
Here’s what they have to say about Vocoder 2:
TAL-Vocoder is a vintage vocoder emulation with 11 bands that emulates the sound of vocoders from the early 80’s. It includes analog modeled components in combination with digital algorithms such as the SFFT (Short-Time Fast Fourier Transform).
This vocoder does not make a direct convolution of the carrier and modulation signal as other digital vocoders maybe do. It includes an envelope follower for every of the eleven bands. This vocoder is optimized for voice processing and includes some algorithms for consonants to make the voice more intelligible.
The carrier signal is a VCO (Voltage Controlled Oscillator) with a Pulse, Saw, Noise and SubOsc. But it’s also possible to use the left stereo input as carrier. This way every sound source can be used as carrier signal. This plug-in supports every sample rate.
- 11 band vocoder engine.
- Internal carrier synth (pulse, saw, sub osc, noise, mono, poly, portamento, sync mode, tune).
- Possiblity to route an external carrier signal.
- Harmonic control (adds more harmonics to any carrier signal)
- “Ess” enhancer for a clean understandable voice, also with a carrier that hasnt much high frequencies.
- Clip LED, glows if the input signal will be clipped.
- Panic button stopps hanging notes within the synth.
- Documentation shows different routing possiblities.
- Low CPU usage.
Download at the TAL site.
If you give TAL-Vocoder a try, let us know what you think about it!