Apple has updated GarageBand for iPad, adding new audio output options, Apple Loop support, copy and paste for audio files and more.
Here’s what’s new in GarageBand for iPad 1.0.1:
- Support for audio output over AirPlay, Bluetooth devices and HDMI with the Apple Digital AV Adapter.
- Import of AIFF, WAV, CAF audio files and Apple Loops (16 bit, 44.1 kHz) via iTunes.
- Allows copy and paste of audio from supported apps into GarageBand using the clipboard.
- Addresses occurrences of GarageBand freezing while playing Smart Instruments.
- Improves overall stability and addresses a number of minor issues.
GarageBand for iPad 1.0.1 isn’t a huge update, but support for importing audio will improve workflows for a lot of users and there’s no denying the cool factor of wireless audio output via AirPlay.
Full details on the update are available at Apple’s support site.