feelyoursound.com has released Sundog Scale Studio for Mac OS X.
The stand-alone software connects to other DAWs and hardware instruments via MIDI and sends note commands to trigger chords and melodies.
Developer Hauke Menges describes the software: “The main focus of Sundog lies on writing harmonic EDM songs from scratch without having to worry about music theory.
He continues, “This is how it works:
- Connect Sundog to your DAW.
- Pick a scale – like C Major or E Minor.
- Sundog will show you a list of chords that can be used on this scale.
- Create a chord progression by clicking and listening.
- Use the internal step sequencer to create melodies or arpeggios on your chords and scale notes.”
- Over 300 scales included.
- Create harmonic melodies and arpeggios easily.
- MIDI file export via drag and drop.
- Find all fitting chords for a given scale.
- Convert MIDI note input (white keys) to scale notes.
- Cure writer’s block by experimenting with new harmonies.
- Output: Standard MIDI note data.
- Input: MIDI notes, computer keys, mouse.
- Buy once, get updates forever – for all supported platforms.
Pricing and Availability. Sundog costs $39 / €29 and is available now for use with Mac OS X and Windows. Through Sunday 13 July, feelyoursound.com is offering a 15% discount on the software. More information is available at the feelyoursound website.