Audiofile Engineering has released Loop Editor 2 – a is powerful Mac music loop editing tool for musicians and engineers that they describe as “the perfect replacement for Apple Loops Utility”.
Loop Editor 2 supports all audio file formats that support loop points: AIFF Apple Loops, compressed & uncompressed CAF (AIFF, AAC & Apple Lossless) Apple Loops, AIFF, WAV, W64 and ACID. Additionally, Loop Editor supports forward, forward-backward, and backward looping. Loop Editor is also one of the only applications available which supports sustain and release loops.
Loop Editor 2 allows you to view, add, edit and export Slices. It also supports advanced property editing capabilities such as the “Genre” and “Descriptors” properties for Apple Loops files. For those of you that work with Propellerhead Reason and ReCycle, we have included our ReCycle Converter tool which converts ReCycle REX & RX2 files for use in Loop Editor.
The most important addition to Loop Editor 2 is full support for AppleScript. AppleScript makes Loop Editor even more powerful ?by allowing you to automate complex workflows and simplify the process of working with large numbers of files.
Loop Editor is optimized for Retina displays with full support for Mac OS X Mavericks.
- Work with all audio file formats that support Loops
- Exports AIFF Apple Loops, compressed & uncompressed CAF (AIFF, AAC & Apple Lossless) Apple Loops, AIFF, WAV, W64 and ACID
- Supports forward, forward-backward and backward looping as well as sustain and release loops
- Easily edit or add all relevant loop metadata
- Automatically add Slices with multiple beat detection methods
- Fine tune Loop boundaries with configurable crossfades
- Comprehensive AppleScript support including AppleScript recording
- Quickly convert ReCycle REX & RX2 files
- Easily diagnose and repair malformed audio files with the First Aid tool
Loop Editor 2 is available for US $29.99 in the Mac App Store.
If you’ve used Loop Editor 2, let us know what you think of it!