In 2012, Apple bought Italian sample management software Redmatica, maker of sample management tools, leaving fans of the tools wondering if they would return.
Now, CDM reports that Redmatica’s AutoSampler has returned – as a MainStage plug-in, Auto Sampler. I
Here’s a summary of the new features in version 3.1, which includes some other interesting updates:
- Redesigned Compressor plug-in with scalable, Retina-ready interface and a new compressor model.
- Retro Synth can now create wavetables from imported audio and is able to stack up to 8 voices.
- The Plug-in Manager now allows you to customize the organization of your menu.
- Expanded sound library includes over 200 new synth patches and 10 Mellotron instruments.
- New Auto Sampler plug-in converts hardware synthesizers into sampled instruments.
- Custom shortcuts can be assigned and managed using the new Key Command editor.
- It is now possible to copy and paste ranges in the layer editor.
A guide to sampling instruments with Auto Sampler is available at BrianLi.com, along with a discussion of one missing feature, custom velocity layers, that may be an important issue for you, if you are resampling sampled instruments.
MainStage is available for US $29.99 in the Mac App Store.