“For those who aren’t up to speed on the Pro-2, it’s Dave’s latest monophonic synthesizer, based on the Prophet 12 architecture – but with new features like paraphonic mode, an Oberheim SEM style state-variable filter, and loads of modulation amenities. [Here is Prève’s Pro-2 review for Keyboard Magazine].
“Several of the patches are based on existing Pro-2 presets, a few are heavily tweaked.”
The Pro-2 instruments in the file are as follows:
- Big Room Reese – That classic bass sound we all know and love.
- House Chord – Square wave chord with resonant filter envelope.
- Sheet Metal – Giant metallic hit that really shows off the Pro-2’s cross-mod power.
- Knarly Voice – Sounds a bit like a distorted sitar.
- MiniFunk – A variation on one of the synth elements in “Oooh.”
- ProWhat – Pro-2 preset that nails the big Prophet sound.
- Woodie – Percussion sound with a touch of wobble.
- Sub Oct Bass – Can be used as a pluck or a bass, depending on the octave range.
The Ableton Live patches (compatible with Ableton Live 8.4.2 and higher), and workarounds for use with things other than Live, are available on Prève’s website.