Keeping its familiar 8 x 8 pad grid, the updated Launchpad now has glowing RGB pads and a new industrial design.
Designed for easy integration with Ableton Live, the Launchpad’s RGB LEDs match the color of the clips in your Live session view, making it easier to see at a glance what’s playing. Use the color-coordinated pads to launch clips, play drums, start and stop loops, arm tracks, and control volumes, pans and sends – or anything else one can do with Max for Live.
- 64 (8×8 grid) square RGB backlit buttons
- 8 round RGB backlit system buttons (assignable)
- 8 round RGB backlit function buttons (not assignable)
- USB socket / Fully USB bus powered
- Lightweight and portable
- Expandible with additional Launchpads, Launch Controls, Launch Control XL, or Launchkey
- Software Compatibility:
Ableton Live Lite 9 is included
Compatible with Ableton Live v 8 and up
Here’s Novation’s official video intro, featuring beatmaker / drumthumb Buddy Peace:
The Launchpad is also boxed with 1 GB of Loopmasters sounds and samples, Novation Bass Station VST and AU plug-in synthesiser, Novation V Station VST and AU plug-in synthesiser
Pricing and Availability. The Novation Launchpad will be available later in June 2015, at a suggested retail price of $169.99.
Addditional information about the revamped Launchpad is available on the Novation website.