Korg today introduced the OK GO Volca Sample – a limited edition version of the sample playback member of the Volca family.
The Korg OK GO Volca Sample differs from the original by featuring unique styling and coming pre-loaded with 100 audio samples from OK GO’s latest album, Hungry Ghosts. And you can still load your own samples, using a variety of apps.
3,000 limited edition OK GO Volca Samples are available and they come with a numbered card, signed by each of the members of OK GO.
Here’s what Korg has to say about the new device:
Korg is proud to announce this collaboration with the energetic and quirky band known for their unique sounds of off-kilter guitars, power pop sensibilities and homemade videos that have drawn over 200 million views on YouTube. Users can freely edit the numerous iconic sounds and arrange to create original versions of the band’s infectious tunes, mix and match content to create remixes or create entirely original sample-based music using the simple step-based recording layout of the volca sample.
Graphics have been designed by the band’s official artist Taku Sakaguchi, and limited to the first 3,000 units produced is a numbered certificate with the entire band’s signature included. “This limited edition Ok GO volca sample comes loaded with sounds we hope encourage users to make their own fun and original music with them,” shared Damian Kulash of Ok GO. “We hope users find inspiration!”
Here’s the official intro video:
The Ok GO Volca Sample joins the original Volca Sample, Volca Keys, Volca Bass and Volca Beats.
Korg OK GO Volca Sample audio demos:
The OK GO Volca Sample shares the same basic feature set as the original Volca Sample:
- 16 step keys to enter notes intuitively while maintaining visual confirmation of the timing of the notes in a measure.
- Real time recording
- Up to ten of the sequence patterns you create can be stored in internal memory.
- Motion sequencer records and plays back up to 11 parameters
- Active Step and Step Jump functions let you insert and remove steps
- Analog frequency isolator lets you apply powerful changes to the sound
- Per part reverb
- Song mode
- Reverse function lets you play samples backwards
- Playback can be synchronized with another volca or electribe unit, or with your DAW.
- Compact size, battery power and built-in speaker for mobile operation
The OK GO Volca Sample will be available early November, priced the same as the original – US $159.99. See the Korg site for details.