Soniccouture has introduced Ondioline, a virtual recreation of the rare French monosynth.
The Ondioline was made in France in the 1950s and 60s, and was conceived as a low cost Ondes Martenot; sharing the same lateral vibrato keyboard, with a knee-lever to shape volume.
It was entirely valve-based with its own built-in amplifier and inspired the Clavioline, Jennings Univox and Hammond Solovox. The sound can be surprisingly realistic when the vibrato and knee lever are used together – organic, sinuous and extremely expressive.
In collaboration with Goldfrapps’ Will Gregory and Dan Wilson from Hideaway Studio, Soniccouture extensively restored and modified Ondioline no.599 to be sampled and recreated as a Kontakt instrument.
- 24bit 96khz Sampling\
- 3.4GB Download (6 GB instrument before Kontakt Compression)
- Full convolution modelling of original Ondioline filter switches
- 6 octave range – every Ondioline key sampled for every oscillator shape
- Original speaker cabinet modelling + line-out sampling
- Ondes Martneot speaker models also included
- Performance setup: manual vibrato & knee lever control + aftertouch + Polyphonic Mode
- Original Georges Jenny presets included + sound design snapshots
- Kontakt Player + NKS Compatible (Kontakt 5.5 required)
Soniccouture Ondioline is available now for US $99.