Critter & Guitari has released version 3 of the Organelle operating system.
The update brings new patch handling, better MIDI support, web-based patch management and more.
Here’s what’s new in Organelle v3:
- Patch sub folders – Organize your patches into different folders for easier access (e.g. effects, synths).
- Nested system menu – The System menu is organized into categories.
- OLED graphics messages – Draw graphics on the OLED screen right from Pd, great for displaying envelopes or waveforms.
- Overriding default Pd settings – A patch may override the default Pd settings, for example to change the sampling rate.
- Generic patch launching – The Organelle is no longer for only Pd patches and will load patches written in other languages (e.g. SuperCollider)
- Zip installer – Move patches in zip form onto the Organelle for unzipping / installation. Instead or having to download and unzip, simply copy it to the Organelle and select install.
- New .zop file extension – We’ve created a new file extension for Organelle patches and installers: .zop which stands for ‘zipped organelle package’.
- WiFi setup – There is a system menu command for selecting and connecting to WiFi networks, making it much easier to get connected and enjoy things like Link for synchronizing your Organelle with other instruments.
- Built in webserver – In the WiFi menu you can enable a built in web server that can run apps for configuring and eventually controlling patches.
- Web based patch manager – Built in web based file manager for uploading patches and moving them around. Swapping USB drive in and out is no longer needed.
- Better info screen – More info on the info screen.
- Favorites list – Patches may be added to a favorites list for quicker access.
- Internal patch storage – Storing patches on the SD card is now possible, eliminating the need for any USB drive. (this requires an updated SD card however)
- Better MIDI support – It is possible to use multiple MIDI devices. Some MIDI devices that were problematic before (because they showed up as 2 devices) are working.
The new OS is a free update from the C&G site.