Developer Raph Levien let us know about Music Synthesizer For Android – a free and open source (Apache 2 license) software synth. It’s available now in the Google Play store.
Here’s what Levien has to say about Music Synthesizer For Android: Continue reading
Hexler has release a new version of TouchOSC, a customizable multi-touch music controller app, and it’s now available for both iOS and Android.
Here’s what’s new in version 1.9:
- Support for iPhone5
- Support for custom layout sizes
- Support for more MIDI message types (All controls now support Control Change, Note, Program Change, Poly Pressure, Channel Pressure and Pitch Bend messages)
- Added XY control MIDI mapping mode (Placing 2 or 3 fingers on the control will send only x or y messages)
- New iPhone5 layout: Automat5
- Fixed handling of UTF-8 encoded strings in both application and editor
- Fixed naming issues with virtual CoreMIDI connections (iOS)
- Removed support for MIDIMobilizer Mk I (Please use a CoreMIDI compatible accessory, i.e. MIDIMobilizer Mk II, instead)
Developer Blip Interactive has updated NanoStudio, adding AudioBus support and more.
Here’s what’s new in NanoStudio 1.4:
- Audiobus support for input (sampling) and output (main mix)
- Virtual MIDI inputs for note and controller data
- MIDI input transpose
- 4 extra banks for your Eden presets
- Fixed ‘empty sample’ bug when pasting from some Waldorf apps
Image Line Software has announced that FL Studio Mobile For Android is now available from the Google Play store.
FL Studio Mobile allows you to create and save complete multi-track music projects on your Android phone or tablet device. You can also load the FL Studio Mobile projects into the ‘FL Studio Desktop PC’ version.
Here are the details: Continue reading
IK Multimedia has announced that their iLine Mobile Music Cable Kit is now available. The kit is a set of six cables for users of mobile devices (smartphones, tablets, MP3 players) and laptops. The company is positoning the cable collection as “the Swiss Army Knife of the cable world.”
The color-coded cables feature 24K gold-plated contacts and are equipped with high-density shielding to guard against electromagnetic interference.
The low-profile connector design is ‘case friendly,’ meaning the jacks connect fully and without obstruction, even when the mobile device is housed in a thick case. Continue reading
Developer Affinity Blue has introduced a new app, Tunable, for Android and iOS.
Tunable is a chromatic tuner, tone/chord generator and metronome that helps musicians learn to play steadily, in tune, and on beat.
Featuring a unique tuning history display for visualizing pitch over time, Tunable is designed to be a toolkit for professional and beginning musicians. Continue reading