Tasty Chips has introduced the Saw Bench Synthesizer – a portable and affordable monophonic synthesizer, with a 100% analog signal path
- Small and portable, yet ergonomic. Focus on hands-on controls with good grouping and spacing.
- A four-pole diode ladder VCF, with high resonance and even self-oscillation
- Separate ADSR envelopes for VCA and VCF
- LFO with 3 waveforms, plus a Sample & Hold, for VCF
- Frequency Modulation for deep growling bass sounds
- Manual controls such for Env and LFO enable, waveform selection, ADSR mode /
- LFO switching
- MIDI controls of all digital features (envelopes, VCF cutoff, LFO, etc)
- Sturdy metal casing.
Here’s a video demo: Continue reading
At the 2015 NAMM Show, Korg introduced the MS-20 Module Kit with SQ-1 Analog Sequencer.
The Korg MS-20 Module Kit lets you build a module version of the iconic MS-20 analog synthesizer, but with expanded synthesis capabilities over all of Korg’s previous MS-20 synths.
In this video review, via sonicstate, Nick Batt takes a look at the new Korg MS-20 Module: Continue reading
Synth designer Ken MacBeth is celebrating his 15th year of making synthesizers.
MacBeth – who’s always made a habit of ‘eating his own dog food’ – here explores the sonic range of two of his creations – his earliest synth, the MacBeth M3X, and his latest, the MacBeth Elements. Continue reading
Minneapolis-based DIY kit makers, Michael Krumpus (nootropic design) and Alex Dyba (GetLoFi) have announced Synthino XM – a new synthesizer that’s being produced via a KickStarter project.
Synthino XM is a 5-note polyphonic synthesizer, with 4-track sequencer.
Here’s a video intro to the project: Continue reading
Futuresonus recently announced the Parva – a polyphonic analog synthesizer that they say’combines the classic warmth of an all-analog signal chain with the modern convenience of digital control in an elegantly designed tabletop package’.
Here’s a sneak preview of the Futuresonus Parva in action: Continue reading
Trogotronic has introduced the 669cv Bosshog Mini Synth, a new three-oscillator synth that they call ‘the most untamed sonic provocateur ever offered.’ Continue reading
Designer Brad Ferguson let us know about his new synth, the Futuresonus Parva, a polyphonic analog synthesizer that he says ‘combines the classic warmth of an all-analog signal chain with the modern convenience of digital control in an elegantly designed tabletop package’.
- Eight voice polyphonic synthesizer with flexible voice assignment
- Three oscillators per voice
- Flexible dual filters
- 4 LFOs
- 100% analog signal path
- Digital patch management and control
- USB master port so you can connect USB MIDI controllers directly to it
- Aluminum case and knobs
“I designed Parva from the ground up with the intention of producing a completely new synth, while still maintaining the character of the classics from the ‘70s and ‘80s,” says Ferguson. Continue reading
This video, via EA78751, takes a look at the upcoming Rare Waves Grendel RA-9 Grenadier synthesizer – a unique semi-modular CV-Gate synthesizer that features a built-in step-sequencer and filter bank. Continue reading