The Electro-Music 2011 Festival, aka “The Woodstock of Electronic Music”, is slated For September 9-11 in Huguenot, New York.
The Electro-Music Festival is one the world’s premiere events for experimental electronic music. Now in it’s seventh year, this year’s gathering features days of electronic music concerts, seminars, workshops, demonstrations, jam sessions, video art, a laptop battle, and a swap-meet.
The action starts at 1pm on Friday, September 9 and runs until after midnight on September 11. Musical activities will be running continuously throughout the three days of the festival.
A wide variety of instruments and musical styles will be represented, ranging from theremin to analog modular synthesizers to home made devices, from classic space music to abstract electronica to world beats.
The following artists will be performing:
- Acoustic Interloper
- aether generator
- Audio Mace
- Azimuth Visuals
- Coloring Pad
- Delicate Monster
- Jeremy dePrisco
- Robert Dorschel
- Fringe Element
- Paul Harriman
- Jack Hertz
- Horizontal Hold
- Hunter and Harrison
- Kevin Kissinger
- Andrew Koenig
- Richard Lainhart
- Loop B
- Lost in the Funhouse
- Machine Eat Man
- Modulator ESP
- Mark Mosher
- Music From The Film
- Northern Valentine
- Norton Antivirus
- Michael O’Bannon
- Joo Won Park
- RoDo Jede
- Project Ruori
- The Table
- Technicolor Travel Agency
- Thin Air
- Transistor Club
- Woodswalker / Genetique
- xeroid entity
Seminars and Workshops:
- Darren Bergstein – The Notoriety Unit
- Jez Creek – Nord Modular Performance Patches
- Jeremy dePrisco – Reason/Record
- Robert Dorschel – Going Virtual
- Paul Harriman – Eigenharp demonstration
- Shane King – Logic on Stage
- Kevin Kissinger – Etching Printed Circuit Boards
- Damon Mar – Current Controlled Modular System
- Howard Moscovitz – Ambiophonic Sound
- Mark Mosher – Ableton Live Real-Time Performance Tips
- Michael O’Bannon – Sound and Music from Brainwaves
- Mohamed Ragab – Experimental Music in Egypt
- Charles Shriner – Concepts in Free Form Improvisation: Creative Conversations or Tower of Babel?
- Rick Scott and Robert Kulik – Thwarting Time’s Arrow
- Greg Waltzer – Structured Improvisation Workshop
- (informal) – Circuit Bending and DIY Workshop
Electro-Music 2011 takes place at the Greenkill Retreat Center in Huguenot, New York. On-site lodging and meals are available. Tickets range from $35 for a single day to $360 for a 3-day pass including meals and lodging.
More information, including a complete schedule of events can be found on the web site at the Electro-Music site.
via Michael Kniat
One thought on “2011 Electro-Music Festival Slated For September 9-11”
I had a great time. Although I have not attended since Kingsport TN. 2008
I attended this year for Saturday night And Sunday until just after performing with
Fringe Element joined by special guest ( Loop B ) on percussion.
All of the performances I got to see were full of inspiration.
These electro-music attendees artists and observers are passionate about their art.
And everyone gets to leave with a lasting memory and yearning for the next years festival
I would likr to thank everyone that attended any of the festivals through out the years for their suppot and dedication.
See you in 2012.