Developer Alex Smith has introduced Sidpad – an 8-bit style chiptune synth for the iPad.
- 3 Voice Synthesizer – Over 40 controllable parameters to create a wide range of 8 bit chip-tune sounds. All knobs are MIDI controllable.
- Multimode Filter – includes Type, Cutoff, Resonance and customizable Cutoff Envelope
- Flexible Modulation – Hand draw up to 4 graphs and assign them to the synth’s parameters to add movement and expression to your sound
- Wavetable Editor – The 16 step wavetable editor lets you set up sound effects and arpeggiated melodies. You can sequence notes and waveform changes either as one shot or in a loop and vary the speed
- Help Mode – Every feature is explained via the help button to get you up and running with SidPad regardless of your synthesizer experience.
Sidpad is a free download in the App Store. ‘Pro Mode’ is a $3.99 in-app purchase. Smith does not explain what features the upgrade enables, so we’ve asked him for feedback on this.
If you give Sidpad a try, let us know what you think of it!