Gestrument – the gestural instrument and MIDI Controller for the iPad – has been updated with iPhone support, JACK support, new presets and more.
Here’s what’s new in Gestrument 1.3:
- Universal, now also runs on iPhone and iPod touch!
- Allow flipped ranges by swapping min/max for pitches or durations
- Many new presets
- Replaced default soundfont with a stripped down version for better performance
- Add help page about avoiding audio glitches
- JACK support
- Improve lo/mid/hi quality setting. Can now change while connected to Audiobus or JACK and doesn’t need a restart of the synth engine
- Keep running in background when ‘hold’ is toggled
- Show alert if soundfont is missing when loading patch
- Don’t allow preset to turn on/off internal synth while we’re recording
- Don’t re-show tutorial text after visiting editor
Gestrument is $5.99 in the App Store.
If you’ve used Gestrument, leave a comment and let us know what you think of it!