Knobcon 2014 – a synthesizer convention, synth party and gear fest – is coming to the Schaumburg, IL (Chicago area) Sept 12-14, 2014.
The event promises to be the biggest Knobcon yet, with three days of performances, workshops and other events.
- Synthesis Basics with Marc Doty
- Voltage-Controlled Electro-Acoustic and Acousto-Electric Applications with electronic musician Jon Sonnenberg
- Envelopes of Future Past with Suit & Tie Guy of STG Soundlabs
- Inside the Secret World of Electronics Manufacturing with Jason Duerr, Director of Engineering, Aimtron Corporation
- The Techno Synthesist with maker/user Mark Verbos
- Doctor Analog Presents: A Collection of Op-Amp Applications with Professor Kent Lundberg, who has taught analog-circuit design at M.I.T., Stanford, and Olin College.
- The Early Days of the Moog Modular Synthesizer with historian/musician/author, Brian Kehew.
- A Look at Vintage Modular Catalogs with Brian Kehew
- Computer/Modular Interfacing with Expert Sleepers’s Andrew Ostler
Build workshops include:
- Moog Werkstatt Build & Mod Workshop!
- Build a Coltrol Voltage Processor!
- Build a State Variable Filter!
- Build a ThunderBell!
Registration is $35, which includes admission for all three days and 2 drink tickets to the Friday reception. Build workshops have additional fees. See the Knobcon site for details.