Roland has updated the firmware for the System-8 synthesizer, adding the Juno-106 Plug-Out, pre-loaded to the ‘Plug-Out 2’ button.
In this video, Matt and Mark Thibideau of Toronto-based group, Repair, discuss the classic JUNO-106 synth and share a performance with the SYSTEM-8.
Here’s what’s new in the System-8 update:
- The JUNO-106 PLUG-OUT is preloaded onto the [PLUG-OUT 2] button.
- To load JUNO-106 tone data, a factory reset after updating is required. Follow the procedure in “Updating the Tone Data” to select the target item for the factory reset (“ALL” or “PLUG-OUT 2”) and execute the factory reset.
- An effect setting screen was added to the menu items. Along with this, advanced setting parameters were added for DELAY/CHORUS and REVERB.
- A SYSTEM-1 filter was added to FILTER VARIATION 3.
- A mode for saving the tempo in patches was added (“PATCH TEMPO” in system settings).