Today Novation announced a new model of the Launchkey Mini, the 25-mini-key portable MIDI keyboard controller for Ableton Live. Key features of the Launchkey Mini MK3 include a new arpeggiator, Fixed Chord mode, Capture MIDI, 16 big RGB pads, mini-jack MIDI Out, transport controls and more.
- “Deep and intuitive” Ableton Live control, including device macro control, track select, record, capture MIDI, clip and scene launch, stop/mute/solo, volume, pans and sends.
- Creative arpeggiator. Easy to use but “deeply controllable”: change rhythm, beat, pattern, octave, gate and more.
- Fixed Chord mode. Assign a fixed chord shape to the keys and it will transpose as the user moves up and down the keyboard.
- MIDI Out. Send arps and program changes to your hardware synths, or add keys to your groovebox directly over MIDI.
- Hardware. “Our finest mini keymech to date,” 16 velocity-sensitive RGB, eight rotary controls, pitch and mod touch strips, and sustain input.
- Sound Collective. Novation hardware owners get access to Sound Collective, bringing new, free content from Novation’s plug-in partners.
- Ableton Live Lite in the box. Everything the user needs to start making tracks right away.
- Included sounds, instruments and effects. Two months of Splice Sounds, AAS Session Bundle, Softube Time & Tone, exclusive Spitfire Audio LABS – Expressive Strings instrument, Klevgrand DAW Casette and R0Verb, and get one XLN Addictive Keys instrument from choice of four when product is registered with Novation.
- Logic, Reason or HUI. Launchkey Mini also integrates with Logic and Reason, as well as any HUI-compatible DAW.
Novation has released a series of tutorial, overview, and artist videos about the Launchkey Mini MK3 on their YouTube channel:
Pricing and Availability. Novation Launchkey Mini MK3 is available now for $109 US at retailers worldwide. For more information, check the Novation website.