Waves Audio is now shipping Kaleidoscopes, described as a ‘super-suite’ of Phaser, Flanger, Chorus and Tremolo sounds, based on analog modulation studio classics.
The plugin’s Dual Cascade engines enable you to combine or “cascade” any two effects. The plugin also features intelligent triggers that respond dynamically to your playing in real time.
On each of the two engines, you can choose a selection of waveshapes or any sidechain signal from your DAW session to be the modulation input. You can even select your performance as the input, allowing your live playing to control the sound in real time and drive the pulsing of the effect.
You can control the Speed, Resonance, Width and Depth of the modulation, plus filter settings and mix knobs for extreme versatility. You can also choose from five different effect “characters” for different analog flavors, and tempo-sync the modulation effect to your DAW session to keep things consistent every time you re-open your song.
There is an added THRU mode, with the dry signal on one channel and the wet signal on the other.
- Phaser, Flanger, Chorus & Tremolo ‘super-suite’
- Based on studio classics
- Dual Cascade architecture: “cascade” any two effects in series or run them in parallel for deeper soundscapes
- Intelligent Triggering responds dynamically to your playing in real time
- Selectable modulation sources: input, sidechain & diverse waveshapes
- Speed, Resonance, Width, Depth & Mix controls per modulation engine
- Five different effect characters for diverse analog flavors
- THRU mode for the musician-favorite ‘Wet/Dry’ rig effect
- Kaleidoscopes is included in Waves’ Mercury, Pro Show and SD7 Pro Show bundles.
Pricing and Availability
Kaleidoscopes is available now with an intro price of $38.99, normally $99.