Korg today released a major update to Korg Module and Korg Module Pro, adding a new hybrid synthesizer, support for AUv3 and more.
Hybrid is built on a brand new engine that’s designed to let you to create a wide variety of sounds, that they say range from ‘warm analog sounds to sharp synth leads to shimmering FM sounds – even tempo-synced sequences’.
Here’s what’s new in Korg Module Pro v4:
- Hybrid digital synthesizer “Hybrid” module is added.
- “Hybrid Synth Pack 2” and “Cinematic” sound packs for Hybrid module are added.
- AUv3 is now supported. Now you can use Module in other iOS music production apps.
- The “Fairbanks” gadget is now available in conjunction with KORG Gadget 2.
- Added: a free trial feature for the Expansion Sound Libraries.
- Various other tweaks have been made to improve stability.
Here’s what’s new in Korg Module v4:
- Hybrid Digital Synthesizer “Hybrid” module is added. *1
- “Hybrid Synth Pack 2” and “Cinematic” sound packs for the Hybrid module are added.
- AUv3 now supported. It can now be used with other iOS music production apps.
- The “Fairbanks” gadget can now be used in conjunction with KORG Gadget 2 if unlocked.
- Added a free trial feature for the expansion sound libraries.
- KORG Gadget 2 users can now unlock the free functions from Module.
Pricing and Availability
The updates are available now and are free for existing users. Module is available as a free download and Module Pro is priced 50% off through Oct 29, 2020.