Behringer today introduced the UB-1, an Oberheim-inspired dual-oscillator paraphonic monophonic minisynth.
- Programmable synthesizer with 2 DCOs and classic 4-pole filter
- Built around clone of the CEM3396/3397 analog chip used in the Oberheim Matrix 6/1000
- 16 touch-sensitive mini keys
- 32 memory presets, expandable via SynthTribe app
- Arpeggiator with 3 patterns and hold function
- Individual envelopes for VCF and VCA for creative sound shaping
- 2 LFOs to control filter and oscillator tuning
- 6 functions buttons and OLED display for editing
- USB Micro connector allows powering via smartphone, power bank or computer
- USB/MIDI implementation (including NRPN/CC control of all parameters and bulk load/save)
Pricing and Availability
The Behringer UB-1 synthesizer is expected to be priced at $49 USD, with availability still to be announced based on component availability.