Roland has announced Version 3 for the SP-404MKII Creative Sampler and Effector.
Version 3 offers improved performance and a host of new workflow features, developed with feedback from SP owners. The free update also includes many pattern sequencer and DJ Mode enhancements that make the SP-404MKII an even more powerful tool for live performers and dance music producers.
Here’s what’s new in version 3:
- Perform with Multitrack Files from DAW Sessions and Other Projects—The SP-404MKII sequencer offers improved stability for playing multiple long audio files in perfect sync, enabling users to perform with tracks created in music production software.
- Expanded Motion Recording—Motion recording is now available for effects parameters.
- Pad Mute and Pad Mute Automation—Easily mute/unmute patterns during performances and capture mute actions in sequences.
- Optimized MIDI Sync—Improved clock timing and adjustable delay on the MIDI clock output for tight sync with external instruments.
- One-Shot Playback—Allows users to perform with long, evolving samples while jamming with short loops underneath.
- Convert Patterns to Samples—Convert any pattern into a sample with the press of a button, transforming complex programming into manageable loops for quick song building.
- Expanded DJ Mode—Many new DJ Mode enhancements include the ability to manipulate eight cue points per sample, adjust fader curves, sync external MIDI instruments, assign time stretch, and more.
- Additional Features—Version 3 also includes many other workflow enhancements, including quantize after recording, finer tempo setting range, default MFX setups, and more.
- SP-404MKII App—The latest version of the companion editor/librarian for the SP-404MKII features greatly increased import/export speed and AU3/VST3 plug-in support for using the app within music production software on Mac and Windows computers.
Pricing and Availability:
The Roland SP-404MKII is available now for $599.99 in the U.S. Version 3 is available now as a free update.