2012 NAMM Show: IK Multimedia has introduced a pair of iOS DJ products:
- iRig Mix; a new mobile DJ mixer for iPhone, iPod touch and iPad; and
- DJ Rig, a new iOS DJ app.
iRig MIX is the first mobile mixer for iPhone, iPod touch or iPad devices. iRig MIX offers the same controls you would expect from a professional DJ mixer (crossfader, cues, EQ and volume controls, etc.) in an ultra-compact mobile mixer that can be used with a variety of iOS DJ mixing and other apps.
- 2 stereo inputs with gain, bass, treble and volume controls, independent cue on each channel with LED indication and channel cross-fader
- Instrument/microphone/extra input with volume control can be processed by iOS apps (such as AmpliTube, VocaLive)
- Stereo output with RCA connectors, master level and LED meters
- Headphone output for master or cue monitoring with independent volume control
- Input switch splits Input 1 into dual-mono for use with DJ mixing apps on a single iOS device
- ?X-Sync? mode allows auto-sync with any audio source using the included DJ Rig free app
- Can also be powered with battery packs and mobile chargers
- Includes 4 free apps: DJ Rig, AmpliTube, VocaLive, GrooveMaker
IK Multimedia also has introduced DJ Rig – a double-deck DJ mixing app for iPhone.
- Direct access to iPod library and playlists
- Automatic fast BPM detection with OnTempo auto-sync technology
- Drag and zoom of waveform display
- Deck controls: Volume, Pitch, 3-Band kill EQ, headphones and cross fader
- Automatic looping, create loops with tempo divisions always to the beat
- Live recorder allows to record full mixing gigs
- Supports all major audio formats including MP3, AAC, WAV, AIFF
- Landscape and portrait interfaces
- Customizable deck interface
- Free version also available
- Effects deck with XY touch interface and 12 effects: Delay, Flanger, Crush, Filter High Pass, Filter Low Pass, Filter Band Pass, Compressor, Wah, Phaser, Fuzz, Reverb, Stutter
- X-Sync mode detects the BPM from external audio sources in real time and automatically sync the tempo of internal decks to external devices
- On-the-fly sampler machine with 9 pads on 4 banks plus expandable high-quality sample libraries and live sampling functionality
- Accurate scratching engine modeled on real deck behavior with CloneDeck? technology, for scratching with cut to the beat like a pro
- 4 visual cue points per song
- 3 crossfader curves available
- Auto level detect and adjust of the level of each songs for always the perfect balance between decks
- Crossfade EQ allows fading between decks with bass or high filters for smooth and perfect transitions
- Multiple output configurations to work with any kind of audio setup
iRig Mix is priced at $99.99. DJ Rig will have free and commercial versions. Pricing and availability are to be announced.