Applied Acoustics Systems has released Ultra Analog VA-2, an update to the analog synthesizer plug-in for Windows and Mac that they say ‘simply redefines what a classic synth should be.’
Here’s what’s new:
- Factory library – The factory library has well over 600 production-ready sounds classified for fast and intuitive exploration.
- Compressor and equalizer – These additions add punch and definition to your sound, letting you cut through any dense mix or stage.
- Limiter – The new output limiter protects your ears and monitors during experimentation with the synth’s parameters while providing a maximum of distortion-free dynamics.
- Streamlined interface – Redesigned from the ground up, the new interface now divides Ultra Analog VA-2 into three panels: Play presents shortcuts to the performance and effect parameters including bypass switches for quick edits; Edit lets you tweak and create your sound; while FX supplies equalizer, compressor, multi-effect, and reverb processors for a final sheen.
- Bank and program manager – Ultra Analog VA-2’s new manager allows simple and efficient organization, backup, and sharing of your sounds.
- Overhauled effects – Ultra Analog VA-2’s multi-effect processor features our chorus, delay, phaser, flanger, distortion, notch filter, wah-wah, auto-wah, and reverb.
- Native 64-bit AU, VST, and AAX plug-ins – Ultra Analog VA-2 now runs in native 64-bit on Mac OS X and Windows, making it compatible with the latest sequencers.
- Richard Devine signature sounds – sound designer Richard Devine delved into the new Ultra Analog VA-2 to forge a state-of-the-art collection of 110 presets.
Here’s a video intro to Ultra Analog VA-2:
Here’s a set of audio demos of Ultra Analog VA-2:
Ultra Analog VA-2 for Windows and Mac (VST/AU/RTAS/AAX) is priced at US $199, with an introductory price of $149 through Nov 3rd, 2013.
If you’ve used Ultra Analog VA-2, let us know what you think of it!