Maker.ie worked with Patchblocks to develop a Eurorack modular synth version of the original standalone Patchblocks module. Patchblocks allows the user to program and customize how the module behaves. For example, it can be an audio oscillator, sequencer, drum machine, effects unit, depending on the patch you load.
- Module Size – 8HP, depth 30mm (skiff friendly)
- The module requires 50mA of +12v, 25mA of -12v and 30mA of +5v to operate, and is normally powered from a Eurorack power supply distribution bus.
- Audio I/O – Left and Right channel analogue audio inputs and outputs, voltage range -10V to +10V.
- Gate / Trigger Inputs – for the Left and Right switches, voltage range 0-+5V, overvoltage protected.
- Control Voltage Inputs – for the Left and Right knobs/pots, voltage range -2.5V to +2.5V. When a CV signal is present the knob/pot acts as an attenuator/level control, when no CV signal is present the knob performs the function assigned in the Patch.
- Digital Audio and mid/serial data I/O – Using a 5pin IDC connector and ribbon cable connected on the back of the module, Left and Right channel digital audio and midi data (TX/RX) can be sent between modules, or to/from a desktop Patchblocks device.
- USB – USB type B connector accessible at the front of the module, ESD and overvoltage protected.
The Patchblocks for Eurorack module is priced at €139. See the Maker.ie site for details.