HyperSynth has released a major OS update v2.0 for Xenophone. The update adds a new duophonic mode, along with other additions and bug fixes.
Xenophone is primarily a mono-synth with three oscillators. Now, with a software upgrade, it can be played like a 2-voice paraphonic synth. Oscillator 1 plays the first note and Oscillator 2 and 3 play the second note, while each each oscillator has a dedicated VCA and Amp envelope.
Here’s a video demo of the new duophonic mode:
- Added Duophonic mode.
- Now all parameters with dedicated controls (knob/button) respond to soft knobs.
- Now you can fine-tune Filter Frequency, Env depth and LFO rates using soft knobs.
- Now for all buttons, first click displays parameter’s edit-page without changing the value.
- Now LFO rate LEDs fade up/down according to LFO wave.
- Redesigned envelope display format.
- Now envelope page 2 and 3 are merged to show Delay/Hold/Styl/Trigger in one page.
- Now SEQ edit-pages memorize the last edit position.
- Now you can navigate to all Arp/Seq edit-pages using [select] button.
- Minor improvements in captions and text location on the screen.
- Now external clock does not trigger notes when Arp/Seq set to off.
- Now [preview] buttons do not trigger Amp envelope when “arp span=off” (Start/Stop mode).
- Now OSC3 does not respond to pitch wheel data when keytrk=off.
- Fixed OSC3 random pitch change when keytrk=off.
- Fixed CV-Out reversed order in global menu (V-Trig/S-Trig).
- Fixed Amp Envelope malfunction in RC style with long attack and release (Trig=Analog1/2).
- Fixed issue in starting point of Amp Envelope release stage.
- Fixed Amp Envelope style problem that could be set to an out of range value after “EXP”.
- Fixed Arp pattern reset issue while changing detune and drift parameters.
- Fixed portamento time problem that was not changed during gate-on time.
- Fixed “LFO3 Target” that was displayed wrongly as “LFO2”.
- Fixed issue with “Filter Env Depth” and “LFO1/3 Depth” that could not be set to zero in some circumstances.
- Fixed soft knob E4 malfunction in last page of main section.
- Fixed rare bug that caused soft knobs to be temporarily disabled after updating ENV parameters via MIDI.
- Fixed bug in “UI-Fixed Mode” that caused unwanted jump to OSC3 edit page.
The new firmware is a free download from the Hypersynth site.
HyperSynth has also announced that the Mac version of XEditor (software editor for Xenophone) is in the works, and is expected to be released at the end of July 2016. The Mac version will be compatible with OS X EL Capitan and available as a standalone application and Audio Unit (64/32-bit) format.
If you’ve used the Xenophone, leave a comment and share your thoughts on it!