Spitfire Audio and composer/synthesist BT have introduced Phobos – a synthesizer designed for composers writing epic, cinematic electronic and hybrid compositions.
At its core, Phobos is a synthesizer based on the unexplored precept of polyconvolution as a synthesis engine. BT came up with this idea many years ago doing sound design. Instead of using convolution for reverb or modeling an amplifier’s distortion circuit, it makes a “reverb” impulse response tonal.
Here’s a hands-on look at Phobos:
- Polyconvolution synthesizer, across 3 separate convolvers
- Contains 2401 unique sounds, created by BT, that can be used both as a source or as an impulse response
- Over 700 presets showcasing the possibilities of Phobos
- Plugin that loads directly into any DAW that supports VST / VST3 / AU / AAX.
- Over 90 sextillion combinations of sounds
Pricing and Availability
Phobos is available for pre-order for US $229 (normally $299).