IK Multimedia has released updated versions of iGrand Piano for
iPhone, iPad and iPod touch and iLectric Piano for iPad.
The apps now sport
a variety of new features:
- Full compatibility with Audiobus and Inter-App Audio in iOS 8;
- New instrument expansion libraries;
- An improved user preset management system; and
- iGrand Piano now includes the same semi-parametric
equalizer included in iLectric Piano.
Spitfire Audio has introduced Evo Grid 001 – a new virtual instrument that features long, evolving orchestral strings. Continue reading
Cluster Sound has released CS15D, a multi-sample Live Pack based on the vintage Yamaha CS-15D.
CS15D is an extensive multi-sample Live Pack reproducing the sound of the vintage Yamaha CS-15D, a great sounding monophonic analog synthesizer released in 1979. Continue reading
Spitfire Audio has introduced David Fanshawe – Earth Encounters Vol 1 – a new ethnomusicological virtual instrument collection for Native Instruments’ Kontakt Player platform
Earth Encounters showcases the archive left behind by pioneering English composer, ethnomusicologist and musical explorer David Fanshawe (19 April 1942 – 5 July 2010).
Fanshawe’s explorations saw him traveling throughout Africa, the Pacific, the Middle East, and the Far East with his Nagra, Uher, and Stellavox machines. Spitfire says that the recordings were made at a unique moment in time, when the ancient world lived alongside advancing technology.
Here’s a video intro to the new sound library: Continue reading
This video captures Amy Knoles performing a virtual tabla + QuNeo arrangement of John Bergamo’s Piru Bole. Continue reading
Elliott Garage has released EGDR909, a drum machine that emulates the sound of the classic Roland TR-909.
The iPad virtual instrument lets you create tweak sounds and create beats, and supports Inter-App Audio, Audiobus, Core MIDI and clock MIDI.
You can also share your drum patterns with iTunes filse sharing or Audio Copy. Continue reading
Native Instruments has announced Komplete 10 and Komplete 10 Ultimate, the latest versions of their production suites for Mac & Windows.
Komplete 10 and Komplete 10 Ultimate include six new instruments:
- Rounds – a new synth that combines digital and virtual analog engines
- Kontour – Native says that this instrument “allows you to create stunningly organic textures, going from mallets to plucked and bowed strings to distorted, aggressive and noisy sounds”.
- Polyplex – described as “a fast, fun way to design your own drum kits”
- Three new sampled pianos that make up The Definitive Piano Collection.
This video is captures a performance of Bach’s Cello Suite No. 1 (Prelude) on Embertone Blakus Cello (a virtual instrument for Kontakt Player 5). Continue reading