FeelYourSound has just released a new version of their electronic songwriting studio, calling updated Sundog Scale Studio 2.0 “the biggest update yet.”
Sundog is a standalone composition software that connects to any DAW via MIDI. With Sundog, the user is able to develop new chord progressions, melodies, bass lines, and arpeggios “within minutes.”
Sundog Scale Studio 2.0 updated features include:
- Song parts: Create multiple song parts and chain them to songs – or experiment with different verse variations and chord progressions.
- Show chord tension: Quickly see which chords are harmonic or mildly dissonant. Build and release tension in your progressions easily.
- New input editor: Precise control over tone heights and triggered sequences. Useful to draw harmonic scale melodies.
- Focus areas: “Intelligent” copy and paste actions on patterns, sequences, song parts, and chords.
- Many new patterns: Over 150 patterns included.
- Use your own default song as a base.
- Built-in offline help.
- New demo songs to get you started quickly (also with polyrhythmic and polymetric examples).
Developer Hauke Menges has released this tutorial/overview video:
Pricing and Availability
Sundog Sound Studio is available for download via the FeelYourSound website, for use with Windows + Mac OS X and costs 39 EUR / $45. Through April 28, it is being offered at an “Introductory celebration” price: 29 EUR / $35. The update is free for all existing customers of Sundog Scale Studio.