This week, Focusrite Novation has announced Blocs Export, enabling users to send their Blocs Wave creations to Launchpad for iOS.
Blocs Wave, released last year, is a music creation app designed for touchscreen beat-making. Launchpad for iOS is one of the most popular iOS apps for remixing and performing music.
This week’s update enables these two music-making applications work in tandem. Users can now begin making music in Blocs Wave and send it to Launchpad with the new ‘Blocs Export’ feature, allowing the creator to make their own Launchpad Soundpacks.
- Blocs Export – Send your Blocs Wave Projects to Launchpad for iOS*
- Re-exporting – At any time, return to Blocs Wave, make changes, then tap re-export.
- Sounds the same – Blocs Export “does clever things” like bounce the user’s slices & loop points.
- View all projects – Enhanced Launchpad project list shows your exported projects.
- Record and share – Use Launchpad’s record mode to perform Blocs Wave tunes.
(*Same device only on iPad or iPhone. Check that both apps are up-to-date with the latest versions.)
In addition to Blocs Export, Novation recently introduced Launchpad Soundpack sharing, allowing the user’s Blocs Wave purchases to automatically appear in Launchpad.
Pricing and Availability
The newly-updated Novation Launchpad for iOS (iPhone or iPad) is free for download from the iTunes App Store, and has additional features available via In-App Purchase. Novation Blocs Wave is available for download from the App Store for £2.99, $2.99, €2.99, with additional resources available via in-app purchase. For additional information, check out the Blocs website.