Eventide let us know that their EuroDDL, a 16HP digital delay (DDL), is now available.
They say that the EuroDDL’s ‘old school design’ limits the amount of digital circuitry to only what’s required for delay. Soft saturation clipping, LP (low pass) FILTER, FEEDBACK, insert loop, and +20 dB boost are all analog.
- A Eurorack delay with minimal digital circuitry. It’s constrained to do nothing more than simple, yet flexible, delay.
- The delay converter is 24 bits with max delay up to 10 seconds at 192 kHz sample rate and 160 seconds at 16 kHz rate.
- Delay time can be varied smoothly and over a wide range; either manually, via tap tempo or by remote control voltage.
- Short delays can be used for comb filter and flanging effects. Longer delays for echo effects.
- Infinite delays for looping. Backwards delays for reverse effects.
Pricing and Availability
The EuroDDL is currently available in limited quantities, general availability of the EuroDDL is scheduled for January 2018 with an MSRP of $399.00 USD. See the Eventide site for details.
13 thoughts on “Eventide EuroDDL Eurorack Delay Now Available”
The opening paragraph says “is now available.” Closing paragraph says January 2018. I think the latter is correct.
Read closer mate, “The EuroDDL is currently available in limited quantities”
For almost the same price you could get the 4ms DLD, which is basically 2 of these, minus the LPF and the Eventide name on the panel.
For almost the same price you can also get 40 giant snickers bars, or 21 cat entertainment dvd’s, or 25 cans of unicorn meat or 57 Nicolas Cage pillow case covers.
For almost the same price, you can get a Behringer D and an EHX Memory Toy.
4ms are fun but you can’t possibly be comparing them with eventide..
I’m making a direct comparison between 2 very similar Eurorack modules. But whatever…
the comparison is totally valid on a feature-set basis, Eventide is in a class of their own when it comes to digital effects. hard to beat em’
Eventide… very interested to hear how nice & wild the comb filter aspect can get..
now make a eurorack reverb. (stereo please) and we have a deal
Just put the signal through H9 MAX – lots of fun there.
Analog Bode frequency shifters please