At The 2019 NAMM Show, Akai Professional introduced their new MPK Road 88, a keyboard controller with their Model-A 88-key velocity-sensitive keybed, with aftertouch, 4-output USB soundcard, MIDI in/out connectors and three variable pedal inputs, all integrated into a tough road-ready travel case with carrying handle.
Akai says that the MPK Road 88 is ideal for touring musicians, because it offers both the great feel of hammer action keys and the versatility of a built-in soundcard, in a road-ready package.
- 88-key velocity-sensitive, graded hammer-action keyboard with aftertouch
- On-board 4 output USB Soundcard built-in with 2 TRS Aux and 2 TRS main outputs
- MIDI-In and MIDI-Out connectors for connection to sound modules, sequencers and
- 3 variable pedal inputs (standard footswitch and variable pedal compatible
- Transpose, Split and Preset selection Controls
- Dedicated volume control for precise adjustment of Main, Aux and Headphone outputs
- Integrated road-ready travel case with carry handle
Pricing and Availability
The Akai Professional MPK Road 88 will be available in Q1 2019, priced at $899.