Loopmasters has updated Loopcloud, a web-based solution for browsing, auditioning and managing your samples.
Loopcloud 4.0 introduces new creative pattern editing functions. With Loopcloud’s new Loop Editor, you can slice, edit and reverse samples into unique patterns, and then audition any loop or one-shot with the same edits you’ve made. All before downloading anything or even touching your DAW.
Here’s what they have to say about it:
Choose a loop in Loopcloud and you’ll be able to cut, drag, reverse and re-arrange the sound, transforming it into a new pattern. Once you’ve found an edit that works, you can use that same pattern again and again with any sample in the entire Loopcloud store or your personal library of samples.
Control the volume for individual slices to create builds or accent templates for any sample; move audio within a slice to add swing and groove or microscopic retiming; reverse individual regions within a pattern and apply fades; crop individual drums to isolate hits from loops, and rearrange them to create rolls or fills from multiple root loops.
Loopcloud was always a browsing powerhouse, but it’s now a deeply creative tool as well! With the option to download the edited sample or the original, this will change the way you work with samples.
Loop Editor Functions:
- Slice audio into regions with the scissor tool
- Drag and rearrange audio on the clip timeline before downloading
- Apply fade-in and fade-out to whole samples or individual regions
- Reverse audio per region to create more interesting custom patterns
- Redefine the start point of any sample
- Define the volume of every portion of audio independently
- Move audio within a clip using the slip editor
- Use the same edit on multiple samples from your library or in the store
Other New Additions in Loopcloud 4.0:
- The Loopcloud plugin can now accept MIDI input and will play Loopcloud’s samples chromatically across the keyboard, like a regular sampler.
- Searching through your existing library or the Loopcloud Store is now quicker, and tags work in a more intuitive way. Downloads are also faster.
- Copy and paste files between Loopcloud and your DAW, rather than only dragging – this helps users running Loopcloud and their DAW in the same window.
- Elsewhere, more keyboard shortcuts have been implemented; the Loopcloud UI can be zoomed for different monitor setups; the bottom panel, other panels and modules can be resized; and the Preferences have been re-organized.
See the Loopcloud site for details.