Moog Music has released a free firmware update for their Matriarch paraphonic semi-modular analog synthesizer.
Matriarch Firmware v1.3.0 introduces a variety of updates and new features, including MIDI and CV functionality improvements.
Here’s what’s new in Moog Matriarch Firmware v1.3.0:
- MIDI Velocity Curves: This feature allows the user to select a variety of keyboard velocity response curves. There are four options available: base, linear, stretched, and compressed. If you tend to play keys with a harder touch, try switching to linear or stretched to more easily produce softer velocity values. Alternatively, switching to compressed will make it so that higher velocity values are produced with less physical effort.
- Pitch Wheel information added to the KB CV Out: The Pitch Wheel setting will now come out of the KB CV Out alongside the keyboard information. Try using the KB CV Out to modulate the stereo delay time 1 input to create longer delay times when you play higher notes on the keyboard. While holding a note, moving the Pitch Wheel will not only adjust the pitch, but it will now also modulate the delay time.
- Response to the TIME 1 IN CV of the Stereo Delay is improved when synced.
- KB GATE OUT will now follow MULTI TRIG selection.
- KB VEL OUT (Keyboard Velocity CV Out), KB AT OUT (Keyboard Aftertouch CV Out), KB CV OUT (Keyboard CV Out), and KB
- GATE OUT (Keyboard Gate Out) correctly update when MIDI notes are played.
- Global Setting 4.1: Delayed Keyboard Octave Shift has been improved and now also applies to the keyboard CV output.
- Octave Transpose controls are now more responsive.
- PPQN IN and OUT have been improved
- CC94 has been added to allow switching voice modes over MIDI.
- Spurious MIDI messaging no longer occurs when HOLD function is engaged.
Moog has also updated their playlist of demo videos for the Matriarch to cover the new features:
Visit your account for full release notes and to update your instrument’s firmware.
One thought on “Moog Matriarch v1.3.0 Updates MIDI & CV Features & More”
sounds useful. good stuff.