Virsyn has introduced Cube Synth – a new software instrument designed to combine the power of additive synthesis with easy editing and morphing capabilities.
Here’s what Virsyn has to say about Cube Synth:
Intelligent sound morphing capabilities enables you to easily create complex evolving sound scapes, vocal phrases or stunning rhythms simply by choosing up to four sound sources from a predefined set. Then add one of the predefined envelopes and a unique, complex sound preset containing thousands of parameters is created! If you want to dive deeper into the inner secrets of this synthesis monster you can manipulate each parameter individually to get precise control over the sound. A number of high level parameters such as Brightness and Harmonic spread control hundreds of synthesis parameters in a way modeled after the inner workings of natural instruments.
Cube Synth gives you also a new method of getting randomly generated sound patches in a way you never experienced before: roll the dice! Every single try gives you a new unique sound patch, really every try, promised…
Here’s a demo of Cube Synth in action:
- over 400 sound presets
- four morphable sound sources
- up to 512 partials per voice
- harmonic/inharmonic spectra
- arbitrary noise spectra
- morphable filter banks
- 3 Envelopes with tempo sync
- 64 time/level segments per envelope
- Uses programmable sequences with up to 32 steps.
- Can trigger single notes and chords.
- Unique randomizer generates Arpeggios with 100% usability.
- 32 Arpeggios included, unlimited useer arpeggios possible.
- For each step you can program tie, accent, transposition and note order
- Audiobus compatible (Output)
- CoreMIDI / Virtual MIDI
- Audio recorder with Metronome.
- Upload to SoundCloud and File Export.
- Audio pasteboard.
Cube Synth is available now in the App Store.
If you’ve used Cube Synth, leave a comment and let us know what you think of it!