Following the recent launch of Avid Pro Tools 11, AIR Music Technology has released an updated and expanded AIR Instrument Expansion Pack. The new Instrument Expansion Pack offers compatibility with the latest Pro Tools AAX format, and includes two of AIR’s latest virtual instruments, Loom and Vacuum Pro, at no additional cost.
The AIR Instrument Expansion Pack contains:
- Hybrid 2.0 — High Definition Analog Synth
- Velvet 2.0 — Vintage Electric Piano Instrument
- Structure 2.0 — Sampler Instrument Workstation
- Strike 2.0 — Ultimate Virtual Drummer Instrument
- Transfuser 2.0 — Interactive Melodic & Rhythmic Groove Creation Instrument
- Loom 1.0.1 — Modular Additive Synthesizer (NEW)
- Vacuum Pro 1.0.1 — Polyphonic Analogue Tube Synthesizer (NEW)
Each of these “2.0” versions of the five older “core” software instrument (Hybrid, Velvet, Structure, Strike, and Transfuser) fully supports the 64-bit AAX plug-in format of the recently released Avid Pro Tools 11, while also offering backwards compatibility with 32-bit AAX support for Pro Tools 10.
The new instruments, Loom and Vacuum Pro, also offer 64-bit AAX support in addition to RTAS, AU, and VST. Loom takes an “exclusive” modular approach to creating the sounds and unique harmonic signatures that are the trademarks of Additive Synthesis. Vacuum Pro, is a polyphonic analog tube synthesizer, which, AIR says, re-invents “the gritty glory of the analog age.”
Pricing and Availability. AIR Music Technology’s Instrument Expansion Pack is available now, is priced at $299.99 US, and can be downloaded from the company website. Current owners of the virtual instruments included in the Instrument Expansion Pack (or owners of the previous version of the Expansion Pack) should check out the upgrade info here.