Audio Artery have launched One DJ, a customizable all-in-one solution for DJ-ing, and creating mixes and mashups, with a “revolutionary” Timeline Edit Mode.
One DJ also features a fully customizable user interface with smart audio routing.
Customizable Timeline Edit. Developers tout One DJ as the first DJ software to feature a timeline for music, previously only found in studio software. Each deck in One DJ can be turned to Timeline Edit mode which also allows on-the-fly mixing and remixing, even while DJing live, and without the need to use a separate software. Decks can be scratched, looped and pitched with minimal latency in Timeline Mode. Projects and mixes can be saved or exported to audio for later use or sharing. Continue reading
This video, via djselarom, explores the idea of using the Leap Motion, along with the GECO gestural MIDI app, as a DJ controller for Traktor.
DJ SelArom is not using the Leap Motion as a replacement for a traditional DJ controller, but to augment it with new gestural controls.
Check it out and let us know what you think!
Algoriddim has released djay 2 – the next generation of the its iOS DJ software.
djay 2 features a new UI, HD Waveform display, sampler & drum pads, new performance tools and more.
Here’s the official intro video: Continue reading
Serato has released its for app for iPad, Serato Remote, designed to compliment an existing Scratch Live or Serato DJ setup.
Serato Remote connects to your Serato laptop software and will work with all supported Scratch Live and Serato DJ hardware. It lets you control Cue Points, Loops and Samples and manipulate FX, without needing to touch your laptop.
Here’s a preview of Serato Remote in action: Continue reading
Native Instruments is offering Traktor DJ for iPhone and Traktor DJ for iPad as free downloads, ahead of the 5th anniversary of the iOS App Store:
Get em while you can – it’s likely that this is a limited-time offering.
iThirtySeven has released iPro.DJSampler – a creative music sampler that they call ‘the coolest music app for the iPad’.
Here’s a video intro: Continue reading
The Mixxx development team has released Mixxx 1.11.0 – the latest version of their free DJ application for OS X, WIndows and Linux.
New features include a new waveform display, a new beat detection system, updated controller support, session history, preview deck and more.
Here’s what’s new: Continue reading
Native Instruments has released Traktor DJ for iPhone, the latest port of its popular DJ software.
- Direct access to your iTunes music library from Traktor DJ
- Stylish waveform display allows for simple looping and ultra-tight scratching
- Swipe from one-deck focus to split-screen view
- The most affordable way to get started with TRAKTOR pro DJ software to date
- Intelligent browser recommends songs based on compatible tempo and key
- Automatic tempo and key detection plus BPM sync for super-smooth mixing
- Notification Center gives you in-app access to essential tips and undiscovered techniques
- 8 built-in pro DJ effects including Reverb, Delay, and dramatic glitch effects like BeatMasher
- Familiar DJ mixer layout with crossfader, 3-band EQ, and filter on each channel
- Prepare tracks on the road – all metadata (tempo, beatgrids, cue points etc.) in TRAKTOR DJ syncs with TRAKTOR PRO DJ software
- Record your mixes live in high-quality on the iPhone and share with your friends
Here’s the official intro video:
Hardware and system requirements:
- Minimum requirements are iPhone 4 or higher, iPod Touch (4th generation) or higher, and iOS 6.0 or higher.
- Recommended requirements are iPhone 4S, iPhone 5, or iPod touch (5th generation).
Traktor DJ for iPhone is available now for $4.99.