Native Instruments has released Traktor DJ for the iPad – a port of their classic DJ software that they call ‘the pro DJ app for iPad’.
And, while there are already many other DJ apps on the iPad, the announcement means that Traktor users can now use an iPad as the core of an extremely portable rig. It also introduces new multi-platform workflows that let you work on sets on an iPad and then sync them to use in Traktor Pro 2.
Traktor DJ basically offers Traktor’s classic feature set – beat matching, key detection, two-deck mixing, 8 effects, per-channel filter & EQ, beat grids & cue points – with a touch interface. It does’t offer the features of the latest Traktor Pro 2, but is designed to share work with Traktor Pro 2.
Here are the details: Continue reading
IK Multimedia has released DJ Rig for iPad, a double-deck DJ mixing app for iPad. It provides instant song-playing from the device?s music library, automatic tempo sync and beat match, sample-based pads, automatic mixing and performance recording plus an vareity of DJ effects. When used with the new iRig MIX audio mixer for iOS devices, DJ Rig provides a portable setup for mobile DJs and musicians.
- Double Deck
- Direct access to iPod library and playlists with instant play
- Multiple deck modes including accurate lifelike waveform display, vinyl and digital interfaces.
- Deck controls: Volume, Pitch, 3-Band Kill EQ with band isolator and Crossfader
- Multiple output configurations for virtually any audio setup including headphone monitoring
- Professional pitch control section with drift meter for fine BPM adjustments
- Live recorder lets you record full mixing gigs, export and share.
- Supports all major digital audio formats including MP3, AAC, WAV, AIFF
- 3 crossfader curves for customizing fades
- Auto level detect and track level adjustment for the perfect balance between decks
- Crossfade filter allows fading between decks with bass or high filters for smooth and perfect transitions
‘Give it to me! Come on! Ah!” That’s what we expect a lot of readers will be saying after watching this video intro for Bitwig Studio.
Bitwig Studio is a new multi-platform (Linux, Mac & Windows) digital audio workstation for producting, DJing and live performance.
Bitwig Studio was developed by a group of former Ableton employees and has many similarities with Live. The new app promises to leap-frog Ableton Live in several ways, though, including the ability to open multiple documents and multi-monitor support.
Check it out and let us know what you think!
Red Bull has released a new version of its free DJ app, Red Bull BPM DJ 2.0.
BPM DJ offers the 21st century digital equivalent of a professional DJ setup with 2 decks, 2 effect engines and a mixer. The free app has limited functionality; additional features are enabled via in-app purchases.
Here’s what’s new:
- Key-lock (time-stretching) in the ±16% range. If key-lock is off, pitch bend still has it (in the ±16% range, or turn off in settings).
- Razor sharp user interface on all resolutions, including the new iPad. Small UI modifications everywhere.
- Automatically post the currently played track info and artwork to Twitter.
- Track browser improved with in-place BPM edit and sort by duration.
- If you save a new bpm value, beat-grid is re-calculated.
- Pre-listening is now “balanced” between cue and master. Louder headphone output.
- Even faster track analyzing.
- Thanks to the drastical CPU savings, effects don’t turn off when the app goes background.
- Slip on/off for reverse.
- Sync is more “intelligent” if mis-detected double or half bpms are matched.
- iPad: live camera background, track artworks. Automatically or manually post camera image to Twitter.
- iPhone and iPod touch: easier transport controls on the mixer screen.
- “Always Change Tone With Bend” setting.
Red Bull BPM DJ is a free download in the App Store.
In this video, DJ Tech Tools’ Ean Golden takes a look at getting started with controllerism and basic cue point juggling.
You can download the files mentioned in the video at the DJTT site.