StepPolyArp – a real-time MIDI arpeggiator for iPad – has been updated with probability for events and more.
The arpeggiator can automatically generate melodic patterns from notes or chords played in real time. StepPolyArp can be used to control MIDI instruments, sequencers like Logic, Cubase, Live, other MIDI sequencers and virtual instruments installed on the same iPad.
Here’s what’s new in StepPolyArp 2.2: Continue reading
Sugar Bytes has released Thesys – an iPad version of their ‘extremely powerful and intuitive’ MIDI step sequencer app.
Thesys provides a versatile palette of performance options, which can be triggered right from your MIDI keyboard: you can transpose, manipulate, twist up, mutate, and mangle patterns without needing to touch your iPad.
You can use Thesys on your iPad to control apps or external hardware or software synths.
Here’s a video intro to Thesys: Continue reading
This video, via Kudzu Creative, demos some of the new features of Koushion, a MIDI step sequencer for the iPad:
Koushion was just updated, adding a host of new features that make it an even more powerful music composition and production tool.
It now has eight independent layers, each with its own MIDI Channel, Scale, Octave, Clock Divider and more.
Each layer can have a different number of scenes (up to eight), making long, evolving patterns possible.
Musikmesse 2013: Doepfer has announced the MAQ 16/3 MIDI Analog Sequencer Dark Edition, a special edition of their Analog Sequencer MAQ16/3 with black front panel and rotary knobs designed to match their Dark Energy synthesizers and Dark Time step sequencer. Continue reading
Software sampler & sequencer Loopseque has been updated with Audiobus support.
- Easy to use sequencer.
- Sample editor, uploader & browser.
- Onboard Samples library.
- Audio effects.
- Live track recording & loop bouncing.
- SoundCloud sharing.
- Project sharing via e-mail.
- 22 professionally designed electronic sample sets.
- 14 original project presets.
- Loopseque Store with new projects and tracks by talented artists.
- Dropbox Sync and iTunes File Sharing for your own sounds.
- Audio copy/paste (General Pasteboard with import and export).
- WIST support for syncing with other iOS music apps.
- Audiobus support.
- Master Classes & Tutorials.
PhiliZound Software’s Sequetron is a Windows MIDI sequencer with a twist:
- Sequetron is designed as a live instrument for hands-on use, played & controlled from the music keyboard. It runs from startup with no interaction, and converts even the simplest MIDI keyboard or device into a multi-track recording, playback & looping instrument.
- Sequetron has sequencer-like functions, but is different from other programs as it is controlled using series of music notes called command sequences. In Sequetron, there is no difference between commands and music – they are all sequences, hence the name… it can even control itself.
- Input can be any MIDI keyboard or device, and the output can be any MIDI device(s) such as synthesizers, drum machines, light displays etc.
- Sequences can be recorded in real-time or step-time, played back, looped and altered (channel, velocity, pitch, mute etc.), either individually or in any combination, but unlike hardware sequencers, there is no concept of ‘steps’, nor do the sequences have to be monophonic; any notes & chords can be used. They can also be saved to standard MIDI files for further processing by other programs.
- This hands-on ability to record, play & alter different length sequences starting at different times on-the-fly gives Sequetron an unusual syncopated feel, encouraging you to experiment with overlaying and controlling patterns; even the most basic 1, 2 or 3-note sequences can create something totally unexpected.