Wooji Juice has updated Mitosynth for iOS, increasing the flexibility of the step sequencer, adding automation features, expanding MIDI functionality, adding iOS 8 support and more.
Here’s what’s new in Wooji Juice 1.2:
- Step Sequencer automation feature, supporting blend curves and sustain
- Pitch Tracking and Note Tracking automation modes
- MIDI Program Change & Patch Bank mapping
- MIDI Polyphonic Aftertouch support
- XY Pads highlight where they were last touched
- iPhone users can now flip Performance Mode between XY pads, tempo controls, master gain control, and IAA Transport Control (where available)
- 20 new built-in patches
- Latest Audiobus SDK
Roland today announced the SH-2 Plug-Out Software Synthesizer – a recreation of the classic SH-2 synthesizer from 1979.
The Roland SH-2 is a classic 2-oscillator plus sub-oscillator monosynth. The SH-2 Plug-Out software synth is a recreation of the vintage keyboard, based on Roland’s Analog Circuit Behavior technology. Continue reading
Native Instruments has announced Komplete 10 and Komplete 10 Ultimate, the latest versions of their production suites for Mac & Windows.
Komplete 10 and Komplete 10 Ultimate include six new instruments:
- Rounds – a new synth that combines digital and virtual analog engines
- Kontour – Native says that this instrument “allows you to create stunningly organic textures, going from mallets to plucked and bowed strings to distorted, aggressive and noisy sounds”.
- Polyplex – described as “a fast, fun way to design your own drum kits”
- Three new sampled pianos that make up The Definitive Piano Collection.
Franke Music has updated Stroke Machine groove synthesizer for iPad to version Version 2.
Here’s what’s new: Continue reading
Tera Synth – a modular virtual analog software synth for iPad – is now available.
Here”s what developer VirSyn has to say about Tera Synth:
Explore new sound spaces with Tera Synth that go beyond the emulation of synthesizer legends. Use the power of analog and digital synthesis combined with new modules for physical modelling. Wireless patching of modules combined with an intelligible modulation routing simplifies the development of new synthesizer designs from scratch. Distortion effect, Delay/Chorus/Phaser and Reverb effects give your sounds the final polishing. Tera Synth gives your music an individual character with its unique fat sound. The well-designed algorithms and the economical modular structure provides you with a comparatively high voice yield. Precise timing with the unique built-in Arpeggiator let you feel the rhythm.
Here’s a video preview: Continue reading
Roland today announced updates to the entire Aira line. In addition, they announced that the SH-101 Plug-Out software synthesizer is now available as a free download for the Roland Aira System-1.
The new software synthesizer is a reproduction of the iconic Roland SH-101. According to to Roland, the new virtual analog emulates the original ‘right down to the fine details and odd quirks that make it one of the most popular classic synthesizers of all time’.
The SH-101 is a monophonic synthesizer, launched by Roland in 1982. The SH-101 became popular for its characteristic tone and simple one-VCO > one-VCF > one-VCA > one-LFO structure.
The SH-101 Plug-Out software synth offers seamless DAW integration, via AU and VSTi. This means that the System-1 can be used as a dedicated controller for the plugin in your DAW, or the SH-101 can run on the System-1, independent of your computer.
Here’s a video intro to the SH-101 Plug-Out synthesizer. Continue reading
VirSyn has released a preview of Tera Synth – a software modular analog-modeling synth for iPad.
Here’s what they have to say about it: Continue reading
Ochen K. has introduced Chip64 – a chiptunes Rack Extension for Propellerhead Reason.
Chip64 includes mathematical modeling of 5 chips:
- the TIA used in the Atari 2600;
- the SID chip used in the Commodore 64;
- the TA0x series used in the NES and Gameboy;
- the Vic-I used in the Vic 20; and
- the SN76489 chip used in the ColecoVision and Sega consoles.
It also offers an on-board sequencer, as well as a multi-mode filter, LFO, modulation envelope, and more, Continue reading