Developer Jan Östman has announced two new synthesizers inspired by the voice of the Roland Juno, the Jupiter-X monosynth and the smaller Ju-X.
Östman says that the DCO is a replica of the Juno-106 DCO, but the original 8253 timer is replaced with an ATmega. Continue reading
The Beat707 XXL LE – a DIY, open-source Arduino-based drum sequencer – is now available.
Beat707 is a project developed by Guilherme (William) Kalfelz of Wusik.com. Here’s what he has to say about Beat707 XXL LE: Continue reading
The Tine Organ is a MIDI controlled portable acoustic organ.
Although it sounds like a pipe organ in a cathedral, the sound producing mechanisms are very different. Instead of pipes and a wind chest, it uses electromagnets and steel tines to produce 20 chromatic notes, starting at middle C, with full polyphony. Continue reading
Synthrotek has introduced the 308 Distortion Module – a RAT clone in Eurorack format that offers CV control over gain.
- 3 controls – Tone, Filter, and Drive – to customize your tone. Tone sets the brightness level, Filter dials in the high frequency response, and Drive determines the signal gain.
- 4 Diode Settings – An on-board 4PST DIP Switch selects between 4 different clipping diodes to drastically alter your sound. Turn on the stock version 1N4148s, LEDs, Germanium diodes, or none at all with flick of a little switch.
- Vintage Tone – The PCB is designed from the original RAT tone IC, the LM308 single op amp.
- Control Voltage (CV) Input
- Guitar AND Modular – Adjust the input impedance with a trim pot.
- Plug your guitar in using Circuit Abbey’s Axis module.
Thonk has announced the availability of the Fonitronik Cascade – a DIY kit that lets you build a 4HP triple attenuverting mixer/processor.
The module provides 3 channels of ‘attenu-gain-vertion’, each with it’s own bicolor LED. The input of each channel is normalled to a voltage source. Continue reading
This MacGyver-esque Clothespin Piano is a cheap DIY project, created by Adam Kumpf, that turns clothespins, aluminum foil and rubber bands into a playable instrument: Continue reading
Monome.org has introduced a grid kit, based on the electronics in their latest 128 controller. They say “It’ll be perfect for our (monome-controlled) Eurorack modules”.
The kit includes a milled faceplate and bottom plate, ready to play after some assembly. Continue reading
DIN Sync has introduced the ModSeq kit, a DIY minimal 8-step sequencer for Eurorack modular synthesizers. Continue reading