Her’s a quick guide to what’s new and what it will cost you.
Propellerhead Reason 5 & Record 1.5 Highlights:
The new Kong Drum Designer and Dr. Octo Rex loop player extend Reason’s instrument arsenal to help musicians get phenomenal sounding rhythms, drums tracks and beats.
Reason 5 and Record 1.5 add a whole new take on sequencing: Blocks—build songs parts like patterns and string them together for lightening fast arranging with the ability to freely go back and forth between pattern and linear modes.
Neptune, a pitch correction tool and amazing voice synthesizer, turns less than perfect performances into great ones in no time. Simply play new harmonies on a MIDI keyboard for instant backing vocals. Live sampling into all sample capable devices means any musician can use samples in a new and playful manner, discovering the lost art of creative sampling. The Expanded Factory Sound Bank, doubling in size, plus added signature sound designers’ patches, inspire new arrangements and compositions. Multi core optimization, an on-screen keyboard and tempo scaling of clips top the list of additional improvements.
Check out the details below and let us know what you think about Propellerhead Reason 5 & Record 1.5!
- Kong Drum Designer (Reason) – Load, sculpt, build and tweak your sounds with your choice of drum synthesis, sampling, REX loops, physical modeling and custom-made effect modules for percussion on Kong’s 16 pads.
- Dr. REX octuples into Dr. Octo Rex Loop Player (Reason) – No matter how you use it—as a pattern sequencer for loops, or to completely mangle your REX’ed audio – it is guaranteed to inspire.
- New Neptune Pitch Adjuster and Voice Synth Device (Record) – Super flexible high-quality processor to correct and shift pitches, create backing harmonies, formant shift or take your vocals into outer space.
- Block based pattern sequencing mode makes song creation fast and flexible (Both) – Go from pattern-based arrangements to linear—to patterns again. Take your music beyond the eight bar loop.
- Vastly expanded Factory Sound Bank with Signature patches (Reason) – Reason’s sound bank more than doubles in size, thanks in large part to signature contributors: Printz Board, Bomb Squad, Jason McGerr, Sharooz, Adam Beyer, Keith LeBlanc, Cari Lekebusch & others.
- Live sampling (Reason) – Re-explore the lost art (and fun) of sampling. Every sample player becomes a sampler; record with a single click — further tweak with the built-in editor.
- Other updates – A number of other additions that guarantee to make your music making more fun – Multi-core optimization, on-screen keyboard and scaling audio and MIDI clips, interface enhancements and many more too numerous to name.
Record 1.5 + Reason 5 Resources
Here are some resources you can use to get up to speed on Propellerhead Reason 5 and Record 1.5:
- Propellerhead Reason 5 + Record 1.5 Interview
- Kong Tutorial
- Using Blocks
- Live Sampling Tutorial
- Dr. Octo Rex
- Neptune Pitch Adjuster
- Updated demo downloads
- Free Upgrade Info
- Propellerhead on YouTube
- Sidegrade (includes Reason 5 upgrade) EUR 149 / USD $169
- Reason 5 Upgrade from any version EUR 99 / USD $129
- Record 1.5 Upgrade from any version free download
- Record Reason Duo bundle EUR 405 / USD $449
- Reason EUR 305 / USD $349
- Record EUR 279 / USD $299
If you purchased a qualifying Reason product after May 24, 2010, you can upgrade for free.