Waves Audio and DiGiCo have introduced DiGiGrid IOS – a high-end network audio interface that offers built-in plugin processing.
While the name ‘DiGiGrid IOS’ may make some readers think of ‘iOS’, the new device puts 8 mic/line I/Os on a Ethernet network interface for use with Mac & WIndows DAWS.
It features eight mic/line inputs with broadcast/studio-quality preamps, eight line outputs, two headphone outputs, and MIDI, S/PDIF and AES ins and outs.
Here’s the official video intro:
DiGiGrid IOS is an all-in-one solution for native DAW users (Logic, Cubase, Nuendo, Ableton, Pro Tools Native, etc.). Used in combination with included software, DiGiGrid IOS lets users mix and monitor in real time, using hundreds of SoundGrid-compatible Waves and third-party plugins, with latency of only 0.8 milliseconds.
- 8 mic/line inputs, 8 line outputs, 2 headphone outputs
- Built-in SoundGrid DSP server
- ASIO/Core Audio-compliant audio interface
- Software-controlled award-winning preamps
- MIDI, S/PDIF, and AES/EBU inputs and outputs
- Connects via a single Ethernet cable (Cat 5e/Cat 6)
- Quick-view front panel metering and status indicators
- High-definition ADC/DAC conversion
DiGiGrid IOS is now available for US $3,760. See the DiGiGrid site for details.